[geeklog-devel] GPLv3

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 7 13:52:33 EDT 2007

For future reference:

>Also, we do have code in Geeklog that's released under other licenses.

- FCKeditor is under the LGPL
- everything below system/classes/syndication is under the ZLIB license
- everything below system/classes/openid (which is effectively PHP
OpenID, as part of the OpenID support) is under the LGPL
- MagpieRSS, plugins/spamx/magpierss, simply states "GPL" as the license
- Snoopy, plugins/spamx/magpierss/extlib/Snoopy.class.inc, is under the LGPL

Everything else is our own code and has been released under the GPLv2
with the "or any later version" addition (i.e. I couldn't find any files
that did not have that addition).

MagpieRSS and Snoopy are only used for the MTBlacklist updates. We still
have them in CVS but we don't ship them (they're not included with
Geeklog 1.4.1). We should be able to replace them with the RDF feed
parser and PEAR::HTTP_Request, should that ever become necessary.

So we're down to having to find out if/how LGPL and ZLIB license are
compatible with GPLv3 if we ever want to switch to the GPLv3.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/