[geeklog-devel] Wiki docs

Mark R. Evans mevans at ecsnet.com
Wed Jul 11 11:18:13 EDT 2007

Blaine,

There are a few conversion tools, but they still require a lot of manual
manipulation.  Tables are the biggest problem when converting from one to
the other.  Basically it is a lot of cut / paste, you cut the source page
from MediaWiki into the converter, get the DokuWiki output and paste it into
DokuWiki.

I've done a couple of large conversions and using some home brewed macros
and other editor tools, was able to convert the Media Gallery docs over in
very little time.

If there is a desire to move the Geeklog docs into an integrated
environment, I would do the conversion as part of that process.

Regardless of which wiki it ends up in, I would still be willing to champion
the reworking of the Geeklog wiki.  Get it a little better organized, focus
only on 1.4.x, bring it up to date and develop starting documentation for
the holes.  Basically build a little better foundation for others to start
adding updates.

Thanks!
Mark