[geeklog-devel] Geeklog`s position in the world of CMS

Markus Wollschlaeger 1000ideen at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 06:22:11 EDT 2007

Some more thoughts on Geeklog`s position in the world of CMS.

The other day someone asked me for a forum and I showed them Geeklog and the forum plugin. A few days later they asked if they could have "that forum". I had to think what they meant. For them Geeklog had been a forum only.

Many people have no idea what a portal is nor a framework but many people know a forum. So my idea was, why not promoting geeklog as a forum with some extra features? The 'market' is much, much bigger!

For that purpose it would be necessary to be able to make the forum turn up on the index page: http://www.portalparts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=8549
Futhermore the forum should be included in the distribution possibly toghether with captcha and badbehavior to make it a complete secure set.

Also it might be helpful for easy installation to be able to chose during the installation process if the forum or the blog / stories is on the front page.

This option could be true for other plugins too like social bookmarking / link plugin - if it ever will be developed...

What do you think?

Ciao, Markus