[geeklog-devel] Geeklog`s position in the world of CMS

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Sun Jul 22 05:07:09 EDT 2007

Markus Wollschlaeger wrote:
> I`m greatful for your warnings that people might get into huge trouble, get stuck or become angry. This is certainly one way it might go. But couldn`t they also become angry when they discover too late what a great forum GL has after installing the bridge and phpBB?

you misunderstood me. I was talking about someone who wants aa fourm
will only install phpBB w/o GL and the bridge. If they install GL and
Forum they get all what GL gives them w/o needing it becuase they just
wanted a forum
> Well, if I look at the phpBB forum and talk to phpBB newbees I see that the captchas don`t work, there is no BadBehavior, there are no static pages. You have to add code / mods by hand and even update it with manual code.

it might be that blaines forum is superior to phpBB, surely in
combination with GL. However, most of the people who "just want to run a
forum" are probably completely overloaded with running GL.

I agree with your whole point in the way that we have to advertise the
plugins and features of GL in greater detail. I think this can be
easiest achieved through proper documentation
.

Oliver