[geeklog-devel] OpenID revisited (new patch)
dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 20 05:01:31 EDT 2007
Dirk Haun wrote:
>It works against 1.4.1 and the 1.4.1-1 branch in CVS.
I have it up on geeklog.info now. Some notes and first impressions:
- Despite the comment in the readme, the OpenID login form is missing
from users/loginform.thtml. Sorry about that.
- The rand() in CUSTOM_uniqueRemoteUsername() should be changed to
something like rand(2,9999) or you'll end up with usernames like
Actually, we should have a built-in function to resolve duplicate
usernames and only use CUSTOM_uniqueRemoteUsername to let users override it.
- Speaking of duplicates: Duplicate email addresses are a problem. Two
of my OpenID accounts now use the same email address as my actual
Geeklog account, so I can't change my preferences in any of those
accounts without changing the email address at the same time. Any ideas
how to resolve this?
- When logging in with my typekey.com account, the URL needs to end in a
slash or it won't find the OpenID server. This only happens on
geeklog.info, though, and not on my local test setup. Odd.
- And of course it didn't take long:
Sa 19 Mai 2007 14:46:04 CEST - Unable to find an OpenID server for the
identity URL h*tp://ywusorepup#hotmail#ru/buy-zyban-online-canada.html
Stupid spambots ...
More information about the geeklog-devel