[geeklog-devel] GL selectable between HTML and XHTML

geeklog at mystral-kk.net geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Sun Nov 25 00:30:34 EST 2007

Dirk Haun wrote:

> Good question: What would be the best place to define BR (and XHTML)?
> Now that we don't have a config.php any more ...
>
> If we do it like suggested above, we need a default definition of BR (to
> '<br>') somewhere in the core code. In fact, we need to define it
> somewhere else, because the language files are included before the
> theme's functions.php.
>
> Hmm, maybe this doesn't work out as I intended.

Since a Web site using Geeklog is not very likely to use both HTML-based
themes and XHTML-based ones, I think it would be better to define BR in
public_html/siteconfig.php as follows:

if ( !defined( 'BR' ) ) {
    define( 'BR', '<br>' );
    // define( 'BR', '<br />' ); // Use this for XHTML
}

Or how about defining the XHTML constant here, too.

if ( !defined( 'XHTML' ) ) {
    define( 'XHTML', '' );
    // define ( 'XHTML', ' /' ); // Use this for XHTML
}

if ( !defined( 'BR' ) ) {
    define( 'BR', '<br' . XHTML . '>' );
}