[geeklog-devel] XHTML Changes

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Nov 25 05:34:15 EST 2007

Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:

>*** geeklog.rss	15 May 2006 05:58:55 -0000	1.2
>--- geeklog.rss	25 Nov 2007 06:58:56 -0000	1.3
>***************
>*** 1,26 ****
>- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>- ...
>
>why was all of this removed?

I guess it doesn't really make sense to keep anything in the default RSS
file since it will be overwritten anyway. However, I seem to remember
that we had problems with providing 0-byte files in the past (hence the
dummy entries in the logfiles). So I think there should be something in
that file. What would an empty RSS file (i.e. valid but without any
content) look like?

>+     $block_templates->set_var('max_url_length', 255); // @@@@ added by
>dengen 2007/09/08
>
>Why this? If we cannot set itv as a config or functions.php-variable, we
>might as well keep it fixed in the template?

There's quite a few of these in various places all over the code. That
was a half-hearted attempt to prepare for a configurable max. length for
URLs, should we ever need them.

Looks like that variable was missing from the default block editor. It's
used in the template file (in 1.4.1) but not set in admin/block.php. So
that's actually a bugfix.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/