[geeklog-devel] Recent and remaining work on the webservices

Ramnath R Iyer casual.dodo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:16:19 EST 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007 11:21:46 Blaine Lang wrote:
> Ramnath,
>
> Have you been able to test the Livewriter Atom service against a GL
> installation running on Linux/Apache server?
>
> I get it to work locally just fine but not on my hosted server
> environment. I can get you full cpanel and ftp access if you had to time
> to look at this.
>
> Regards,
> Blaine

Is the problem you are facing the same as before ($SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] not
set)? I don't use Windows, so I've never tried Windows Live Writer with GL.

If it works with a local server (with Live Writer) and not with your hosting
service, then the problem is most likely on the server-side. In that case, I
can work on it even without Live Writer. Let me know the server details, and
also -

* have you pinpointed any specific problem?
* did it work with the same host by any other means?
* is PHP a CGI binary or an Apache module on your local machine and the remote
host?

Regards,

Ramnath R Iyer