[geeklog-devel] Recent and remaining work on the webservices

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Sun Nov 25 15:38:13 EST 2007

Ramnath,

I had no issues with my Local Vista/IIS Desktop installation but when I
installed on my hosted Linux/Apache I was not able to pick up any value
on PHP_AUTH_USER.

I posted 2 weeks ago about my testing - this from one of the emails
<<>>
I did some googling and found that adding the following to my .htaccess
allowed me to test for the $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} username=\"([^\"]+)\"

I had to change the code in ws_authenticate to look for
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] as I was not setting the gl_auth_header variable
via this .htaccess change.
<<>>

Shortly after that my livewriter tests failed again and am not even
getting $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] to show any value. At this point
Livewriter is all messed up and will not even let me drop and remove the
account. Tried-installing and re-installing livewriter but it keeps
picking up the same settings and will now let me edit/save the account
anymore. Keep reporting an object error. That is not a webservice issue
so I likely need to use a different client computer to test further.

Still, that does not address the server issues I had with trying to get
the credentials passed in.

Blaine