[geeklog-devel] [geeklog-cvs] Geeklog-1.x

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Sun Nov 25 18:33:34 EST 2007

Mark R. Evans wrote:
> Joe,
> It appears the feature freeze was only limited to some, not all.
> http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002325.html
> <http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002325.html>
> - Oliver announces he can make a pure CSS layout.   On Sept 27, he
> committed the changes:
> http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-cvs/2007-September/003523.html
> <http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-cvs/2007-September/003523.html>
> Too bad this particular change doesn't actually work, it just
> complicates the code and doesn't produce anything useful.
 have discussed with Dirk on this and posted it in a much reduced
version of what was initially announced, and it works fine. If you have
problems to get it run I recommend you to discuss technical issues
instead of accusing people. How often do i have to say this?
> The XHTML is finally adopted, talk about new features!
> Let's see, Blaine committed a new feature just this week.  I'm sure I
> could go dig through CVS and find a few more, but why bother...
Yeah, why bother if you can just go and complain, why work on something?
> The reason I am so passionate about this is that there are a few
> things with Geeklog v1.5 that really bring Geeklog to a point that it
> is truly an incredible CMS.  The new installation and online
> configuration are wonderful enhancements that addressed an area where
> Geeklog needed a shot in the arm.
> The XHTML capability now opens up Geeklog to some incredible options.
Why do you complain that it is in the code then?

Oliver