[geeklog-devel] [geeklog-cvs] Geeklog-1.x

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Sun Nov 25 19:04:47 EST 2007

Mark R. Evans wrote:
> http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002325.html
> <http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002325.html>
> - Oliver announces he can make a pure CSS layout.   On Sept 27, he
> committed the changes:
> http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-cvs/2007-September/003523.html
> <http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-cvs/2007-September/003523.html>
>
> Too bad this particular change doesn't actually work, it just
> complicates the code and doesn't produce anything useful.
Sorry to come back to this but:

This kind of comment is the worst you can do and should be below the
standard of any coder ever. What you are doing here is like a car mech
who stands next to the designer of the engine, and when the whole car
blows up in a crowded street, you say "I know it, it could not work,
because you are all idiots".

How in heaven can you post something like this w/o thinking about that
it "might" give others the impression that you are missing the slightest
bit of social skills?
If you find code that does not work, no-one expects from you that you
fix it. But you could at least think of telling someone instead of
storing it in your brain until you find a reason to wrap it around an
imaginary brick and throw it at someone. This kind of thing is making me
understand why some people rather code for closed-source projects. As
long as people dont help to improve the code, why bother?

Oliver