[geeklog-devel] Todo List for 1.5.0 release?

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Oct 10 00:10:15 EDT 2007

I had an issue with installer. I grabbed CVS a day before Oliver's
latest surge of updates and created an empty database and installed.
On my home machine I hate having to restart Apache so I just have a
directory called \webroot and I just create sub-directories as I need
them (I have like 5 GL installs all sitting next to each other at the
moment). So the installer gave me a screen with:

site url: http://localhost:8080/strip/public_html      (strip is
subdirectory under \webroot)
admin directory path: /strip/public_html/admin      (shouldn't this
just be a complete url path?)

Looks okay right? It didn't look bad to me. Except when the install
finished, all the admin functions had this url:

http://localhost:8080/strip/public_html/strip/public_html/admin

Oops. I'm guessing I should have just said "admin" for admin
directory path. I'll go into configuration and fix it. Ooops can't. I
go to the database and fix it. Well, luckily I know how to modify

s:63:"http://localhost:8080/strip/public_html/strip/public_html/admin";

and turn it into

s:45:"http://localhost:8080/strip/public_html/admin";

In any case, was any testing done on using the installer on installs
that are not in the webroot? Is there any way to add a rescue screen
in case your admin url gets hosed? Maybe "admin directory path"
should be renamed admin url so the url isn't constructed in code
after the user can no longer fix it.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games