[geeklog-devel] Todo List for 1.5.0 release?

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Wed Oct 10 00:24:34 EDT 2007

Joe Mucchiello wrote:
> I had an issue with installer. I grabbed CVS a day before Oliver's
> latest surge of updates and created an empty database and installed.
> On my home machine I hate having to restart Apache so I just have a
> directory called \webroot and I just create sub-directories as I need
> them (I have like 5 GL installs all sitting next to each other at the
> moment). So the installer gave me a screen with:
>
> site url: http://localhost:8080/strip/public_html      (strip is
> subdirectory under \webroot)
I assume you copied all files into that strip-directory and this is correct?
> admin directory path: /strip/public_html/admin      (shouldn't this
> just be a complete url path?)

well its a folder, not an URL (url would start with http://... , path is
maybe misleading. The problem here seems to be that this is a relative
folder, but the installer gives you the absolute folder. I will check
into this.
> In any case, was any testing done on using the installer on installs
> that are not in the webroot? Is there any way to add a rescue screen
> in case your admin url gets hosed? Maybe "admin directory path" should
> be renamed admin url so the url isn't constructed in code after the
> user can no longer fix it.
I dont know what has been tested. The general issue with failed installs
and the necessity of going into the DB and amending things here is the
only drawback of the config system. The problem is with the issue you
had, that the rescue screen has to be saved somewhere in a php file. If
the folders are wrong, you wont find that either, or the file will not
find the db_configs to make changes.

Oliver