[geeklog-devel] 1.5 Installer stuff

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Thu Oct 11 19:30:54 EDT 2007

Joe Mucchiello wrote:
> I don't put public_html under the geeklog directory so I end up on the
> admin/install/index.php screen with this:
> Unable to locate Geeklog files
> The installation script was unable to locate critical Geeklog files.
> This is probably because you have moved them from their default
> location. Please specify the paths to the files and directories below:

well I do not think this can be avoided in any case.
> The entry field is small and my Unix path is over 100 characters. Not
> convenient.
do you have the latest CVS? I I already made the fields longer
yesterday. how wide was your field?
> It couldn't find db-config.php and said the path was incorrect.
> Hitting the "back" button didn't replace /path/to/db-config.php with
> the 100 characters I just typed. That was annoying.
well thats a browser-problem. If you use Opera I think it works.
> More annoying was the fact that the path was correct but db-config.php
> was not writable. It was '644'. Setting '666' allowed me to continue.
> I set it back to '644' and tried again and there was no problem this time.
well there should be a help displayed somewhere that says which files
have to be writable. It should however discover that the file is there.
> Is there a clearstatcache() in the installer? There should be.
dunno.
> I put a / in the database prefix (by mistake) and received a cryptic
> database error. That field should be validated.
>

> siteconfig.php needs the
>
> if (strpos ($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'siteconfig.php') !== false) {
>     die ('This file can not be used on its own!');
> }
>
> or a
>
>    header('location: index.php');
noted.
> More fun: Go into Configuration and set "site enabled" to false.
> Now set it back to true....
will try it.

Oliver