[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 22:43:54 EDT 2007

At 02:47 PM 10/23/2007, Vincent Furia wrote:
>I think ideally, we should have per theme parsers (that could be
>shared by themes using the same standards), so that content could be
>written in some universal markup (like wiki-text) and then translated
>into XHTML, HTML, etc.  That would allow a site to have many different
>themes, with different standards, and still fully conform.

What???? Wiki-text is a universal markup? What exactly is wiki-text?
Mediawiki? Dokuwiki? Tiddlywiki? Wiki-text has no standards whatsoever.

I just couldn't ignore that. Sorry. The heart of the idea could be
cool, esp if you used an XML/XSLT solution. But having worked so
closely with the new template class, I don't think this idea can be any
faster than the old template library. And there's no way it will make
it into 1.5 so it's sort of off topic in this thread.