[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 21:20:22 EDT 2007

"Vincent Furia" <vfuria at gmail.com> Wrote:
>The real problem here, which we've confronted on and off again for
>years, is the fact that there is markup in the code.  I think it was
>two or three years ago we had a big push to get the markup generated
>in the code so that it would meet w3c html 4.01 strict.
>
>I think our real target here should be to figure out a graceful way to
>get all the markup out of the code and into templates.  As has been
>discussed before, this may take using an entirely different template
>library as the current one doesn't scale well for the types of small
>templates we would need to replace the instance of HTML in the code.

Actually my new template class probably has no problem with small
files. Of course, I have no idea if it will end up in 1.5 since no one
responded to my email of two weeks ago. It is the kind of thing that
needs to done in a "major" update. Michael had been its evangelist but
he's been busy/missing for a month now.