[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Wed Oct 24 02:25:01 EDT 2007

Ok, here is my opinion as one of core dev:

I think with 1.5 and the new functions, we should have a new theme to
heighten the impact.
I think the new theme looks great but I do not know how finished it is
and how much the implementation would delay the process, specially if we
have to implement the optional XHTML first. Further, I would like to see
it without tables, and working in Opera, IE7 and FF.

Generally, regarding the new version and its release date, I would like
to know whats left over to be finished. If the finishing touches on the
install script will take another month, I rather push my admin menus
into CVS instead of doing nothing with the code in the meantime.

Its all a matter of timing finally, and when we want to see the new
version. I can wait one month longer for the final release, but I dont
want to sit around for one month waiting for others to fix their work if
I could contribute during that time.

Oliver