[geeklog-devel] (no subject)

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 08:57:31 EDT 2007

At 01:05 AM 10/24/2007, Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:
> I have some hundreds of lines of code lying around here that I
> would like to put into this release but since I have not gotten an
> answer yet from Dirk, I guess it will not.

Well, that's just odd. If there was a code cutoff, there should have
been a new branch added to CVS so that new code had somewhere to go.

> We are _not_ sitting in a meeting room where all the mails come in
and
> we make a joint decision to ignore them. If an email about a template
> class comes in, I get it, read it and think "I dont know enough about
> templates to judge this" so I let it pass. If someone else comes in
> that knows, he will pick it up and this happened already as far as I
> remember. That it did not get finished until this release is
> unfortunate but a fact of time and not of will. You better contact
> the people involved and ask whats going on before throwing
> half-racist accusations at the whole team.

It was finished in September, long before code cutoff. I decided that
since nothing was happening on the devel list that I'd just post it as
a hack. I did that Oct 8.[1] I realize you were not involved in the
template stuff. I don't expect you to have an answer. I'm just saying
the delay was not on my side.

[1] http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/index.php?id=871&comments=1