[geeklog-devel] Geeklog v1.5cvs Observations / Issues

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Oct 28 15:26:20 EDT 2007

Mark R. Evans wrote:

>STORY EDITOR
>
>Using HTML Editor (not advanced editor), each time I preview I get a lot of
>whitespace injected at the beginning and at the end of the text.

Can't reproduce that. Can you provide an example?

>Using the <code></code> tags do not function as expected, the new lines are
>ignored, so the code block is compressed into a single line with leading
>spaces removed.

I think you're confusing Geeklog's own [code] tag (which seems to work
fine in CVS) and the HTML <code> and <pre> tags.

<code> is only logical markup ("this is some sort of source code") and
doesn't provide any special formatting (it's usually rendered in a
typewriter font, though). Only <pre> keeps the line breaks intact,
<code> doesn't.

And [code] is actually translated to <pre><code>...

http://spam.tinyweb.net/