[geeklog-devel] On to the next release

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Sep 1 05:48:27 EDT 2007

Now that the Summer of Code is over (thanks everyone, btw!) and the code
has landed in CVS, we should stop adding new features and concentrate on
cleaning up and move onwards to the next release.

Here's a list of items that I'm aware of. Please add anything that I may
have missed.

- Install script
Last I heard there were some issues with MS SQL to be resolved. Also, I
keep hearing about the upgrade for the Polls plugin not working.

- Config GUI
I think there are plans for a few layout changes.

- Webservices API
Needs to be made configurable (disable completely and per plugin) and
the introspection has to be changed to return one workspace per plugin.

- Links plugin
Euan's changes for subcategories in the Links plugin are in CVS now.
Anything left to be done there?

- Polls plugin
Other than the upgrade (see above), I believe this is done?

- OpenID
Needs a speed limit and possibly a spam check.

- Themes
With all of those nice new themes we got recently, we really need to
document the theme changes properly. Currently, there is no
documentation at all.

Also add "lots of testing" to all of the above. So to anyone reading
this: If you've got a few minutes, please grab the CVS version (or the
nightly tarball) and give it a try. Feedback welcome.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/