[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code

Matt West matt.danger.west at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:50:28 EDT 2007

Last night I uploaded my code to Google which means my Summer of Code
is officially over. Well.. just as soon as I get my t-shirt.

I had a lot more fun than I expected. This was my first time working
on any open source project or being part of a development community.
I found it to be a lot more enjoyable than coding it alone.

Dirk, I want to take this chance to say thanks for everything you
helped me with as my mentor, it was great to have you around to
bounce ideas back and forth with. Without it I'm not sure I would
have been able to deliver what I did. Those experiences were humbling
as many times you'd mention things I hadn't even considered, but as
soon as you brought them up they would become obvious.

Mark & Randy, I want to thank you guys for your help as well. Mark
helped me get PHP5 working on IIS and told me exactly what he did,
which was helpful for when I accidentally deleted my VM and had to
redo everything.. Randy helped me debug some of my problems with
MSSQL which was the hardest part of the project for me.

Lastly, Blaine, thank you for proofreading my initial proposal. It
helped calm my nerves during the application process.

I do plan to remain a contributing member of Geeklog and there are
still a few bugs with my installation wizard that need to be ironed
out, so I'll be around for a while.

Matt West