[geeklog-devel] CSS-Layout possible!

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Tue Sep 18 01:02:39 EDT 2007

I agree with you on the general point. I do not think we should try to
keep the old layouts running forever however.
I rather make half a step in the right direction and force some people
to switch a variable from one file to the other to follow.

However I wonder if we could not change the assembly of the whole page
so that all three elemets are in one template file instead of in three.
Something like

{header}
{footer}

This would allow get rid of the whole problem because we could enable
optional styles/classes for the center block in case the left blocks are
empty.
And for those who prefer tables, it would work, too.

We would have a COM_siteHeader, COM_siteBody and COM_siteFooter then,
and a lot of issues less.
This is a bit larger change to the core code however, but I think it
should not be too complicated.
We also would not need any aditional options in functions, simply an
optional class for the central block.

Oliver