[geeklog-devel] Perception is everything...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Apr 8 21:13:41 EDT 2008

Ok, so I've got a couple of points related to the "Is Geeklog Dead" question.

First of all, I'd be happy to do weekly or bi-monthly posts on gl.net about successful GL installations.  The idea is simple, have a standard form asking users about their decision to use Geeklog, what features are most important to them, areas of improvement and whatnot.  I've got at least a half dozen sites at the State of Iowa I could recommend and I know we can dig up a lot more including some of our most noteable like Groklaw, etc.

Also, more controversial, I've struggled with the Geeklog brand.  I don't doubt that we've garnered some respect in the open source CMS areana but I have a hard time selling non-techies on "Geeklog".  In fact it is to the point I just call it a "Content Management System" to avoid the silly looks I get.  My question is am I the only one that feels this way?  If not, I'd like to suggest renaming the project and allowing community participation on picking the name.  I'm fine with leaving it as Geeklog but figured it'd be worth discussion.  I'll go crawl under a rock now...