[geeklog-devel] Perception is everything...

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Tue Apr 8 21:31:13 EDT 2008

Tony,

I'm pleased to see this topic come up again. As you know I've raised it
a few times before as Nextide we are constantly faced with the Name
issue. It's one reason we finally released Nexpro albeit it includes a
number of complex plugins but it now means we don't have to use the
words Geeklog most of the time.

IMHO, "Content Management System" does not really describe what Geeklog
is either but to a non-technical person it's probably easier to get some
idea of that GL is as apposed to calling it a Application Framework that
includes a number of applications like a content management system.

Blaine