[geeklog-devel] Perception is everything...

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 02:28:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
> Good, it's not just me.  I think we undervalue the importance of a name.  I know it sounds like a bunch non-technical BS but if you go on name alone who would you pick:
>
>  Geeklog
>  Joomla
>  Drupal
>  PHPNuke
>  Wordpress

Me, I'd go on name alone:

PHPNuke
Geeklog
Drupal
Joomla
Wordpress

And in reality I went:

PHPNuke
Geeklog
Drupal
Geeklog

Changing the name /might/ be good, but you have to consider what
you're re-branding for. Are you re-branding to sell a platform to
build sites (glue as Euan suggested?) or to sell to the
Wordpress/Drupal style market where they just want a ready to go
platform. i.e. developers or (I struggle to find the right word here,
non-technical site owners?)