[geeklog-devel] Perception is everything...

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:03:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
> Not to point fingers but clearly you are talking 1.x, right?
>
>  I've been screaming for help on 2.x and have been in "take what I can get" mode forever.  I think the crux of all this concern needs to be fundamentally addressed but I wanted to be clear there are alternatives to simply not participating.

I responded to a post on the site for a call for help.

I was told "here's the tracker, show us what you can  do".

I did some stuff, provided some patches and was in.

Since then I've been unreliable and useless.

I saw other people do the same thing and never submit a patch or do anything.

I code snakenet.com, numerous times we say "hey we need help, who can
help?" we get loads of responses of "me". We ask who can do x? We get
a few "me" responses. We ask someone to /do/ x. They don't.

Where is the barrier with geeklog contribution? Us or others?