[geeklog-devel] Perception is everything...

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Apr 10 18:23:14 EDT 2008

At 05:03 PM 4/10/2008, Michael Jervis wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
> > Not to point fingers but clearly you are talking 1.x, right?
> >
> >  I've been screaming for help on 2.x and have been in "take what
> I can get" mode forever.  I think the crux of all this concern
> needs to be fundamentally addressed but I wanted to be clear there
> are alternatives to simply not participating.
>
>I responded to a post on the site for a call for help.

Hasn't been such a specific post in ages that I remember. Instead,
SOC folk are invited after a single contribution rather than folk
who've been around for years.

>I was told "here's the tracker, show us what you can  do".

Today, of course, there's no tracker for someone new to "show what
they can do" with. But that's a separate issue. A few weeks (months?)
ago, someone suggested just putting up any new tracker and having the
community back-fill the old data. Lot's of agreement on that being a
good idea. Still no progress though.

But I've submitted patches to the old tracker. Some were accepted.
Others ignored. But hey, I've been around long enough to have posted
patches to the old tracker.

>I did some stuff, provided some patches and was in.

Congrats.

>I saw other people do the same thing and never submit a patch or do anything.

Yep, seen that myself. I've submitted patches. I've submitted new
features. I frequently post bug reports from recent CVS checkins.
Apparently, YMMV.

>Where is the barrier with geeklog contribution? Us or others?

You tell me.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games