[geeklog-devel] Upgrade CVS to a distributed repository

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:55:14 EDT 2008

> To be honest I some times wish CVS did more, but when i look at other
> solutions i see bloat and complicated untested features that only work in
> crude command line only fashion with very little  or poorly writen
> documentation. SVN looks promising as a replacement option due to its
> similarity to CVS  and  uptake by the community at large.

SVN is just a better version of CVS really. The windows clients are
more mature and much nicer than the CVS alternatives. The server runs
flawlessly. The features are slightly different but a bit "better"
than CVS. I've been using SVN extensively at work with a team of 60
for nearly 2 years now. Plus a lot of work using CVS outside of work.
I'd go with SVN anytime now.

Mike