[geeklog-devel] Request to add a new PLG hook - add createUserPrecheck

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Aug 16 03:02:20 EDT 2008

Blaine Lang wrote:

>Do you want me to hold off making this change until after the next release?

If it's not too invasive ...

Guys, we're in one of those "feature creep" phases again - instead of
wrapping up the release, we're stalling and introducing new features
(and yes, I'm guilty of that myself).

Can we go back to fixing bugs instead, please?

For example, I had a hard time yesterday trying to use an image in the
FrOSCon reminder article I posted on geeklog.net. It was always offering
to link to the unscaled image when the actual image was so small that it
didn't have to be scaled. Plus after some editing back and forth, it
didn't recognize the [image] tag any more and the story editor displayed
it as plain HTML instead. I gave up eventually and posted it without an image.

Have to try and reproduce this before I write a proper bug report.

A programmer should never, ever work on new code
if they could instead be fixing bugs. -- Joel Spolsky