[geeklog-devel] Road to 1.5.1 Was: Request to add a new PLG hook - add createUserPrecheck

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Aug 16 04:44:02 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>We need a hard plan for release. What must be fixed to release?

Definitely the one about rendering right blocks twice (#698). And
possibly #684 as well ("what side am I on?").

>There are two issues in the Next
>Release filter, both of which I thought you were working on?

I've tried looking into #698, but my brain just shuts down when I look
at the block rendering code :P

We should make better use of the bugtracker features: If it's not
assigned to someone, it's up for grabs. Oh, and feel free to protest
when I'm assigning a bug to someone. I usually do that when I feel
someone else could clarify or fix the issue faster than I could - but I
may be wrong.

>I can dredge out the blocks thread and make the change and sort out
>the COM_rightBlocks issue if you like

Yes, please.

When I'm done making this plum cake ;-) I'll look into the image issues again.

>What do we need to do other than fix those two bugs to get the release
>out so we can prepare for integrating the GSoC entries?

We need to

1) agree which bugs should be fixed
2) fix them
3) notify the translators about upcoming text changes
4) release a release candidate
5) wait for feedback and translations
6) fix any issues that come up
7) possibly go back to 4)
8) release it

Sounds easy enough - we just have to do it.

Not sure about dates. With the SoC wrapping up this weekend and FrOSCon
next weekend, we may have other more important things to handle right now.

Still - how about September 1 for 1.5.1rc1?

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/