[geeklog-devel] PLG_invokeService

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Mon Feb 4 14:59:00 EST 2008

At 02:48 PM 2/4/2008, Dirk Haun wrote:
>Joe Mucchiello wrote:
>
> >I had another thought about this. Those webservices functions can be
> >pretty long. I'd hate to see them cluttering up the functions.inc
> >files of the various plugins. Why bother parsing functions that
> >aren't being used?
>
>See the Static Pages plugin ... But they are being used, since all the
>usual operations (save story/page, get story/page) are now being routed
>through PLG_invokeService.

They are only being used when I'm using staticpages. If I vote on a
poll or read the forum, the staticpages and story webservices
functions are bloat. The beauty of my idea is when PLG_invokeService
is called for them, if the functions needed are in
plugins/staticpages/webservices.inc then even the staticpages plugin
will only include those functions if it absolutely needs to. If it
doesn't, the functions sit on the filesystem unparsed and unloaded.

What is the sense of always forcing those functions to be included
when they are only used when you are viewing staticpages or story
content? Geeklog files tend to be long and bloated. Separating them
into smaller files makes them easier to work with.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com