[geeklog-devel] Need to decouple config order from language file

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Sat Feb 9 20:23:10 EST 2008

Dirk,

Since 1.5 has not yet been released, if we wanted to re-organize the
display order, why would we not change that now. A plugin developer
would also want to define the order of the settings on the page
regardless of language and would do so in their initial language file
definitions and config table records.

We have the fieldset and sortorder fields in the conf_values table for
this. We would need to update the 28 records in the 'Stories and
Trackbacks' section (subgroup = 1) so that 22 => 23, 23 => 24 and
24=>22. Once thats done - update the language files.

I don't think a site would want to change or should change this - but I
may be missing your point on that issue and your just raising the
concern with respect to the effort needed.

Blaine