[geeklog-devel] Need to decouple config order from language file

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Feb 9 16:44:48 EST 2008

Joe Mucchiello wrote:

>Am I missing something here?

Looks like it. Not sure what your change would accomplish, but it
doesn't seem to have a lot to do with the problem I was describing.

I was looking for adding a level of indirection so that the order of
fieldsets in the database does not have to be the same as their names in
the $LANG_fs array (same with subgroups and $LANG_configsubgroups).

The solution I came up with: Introduce 'fieldset' and 'subgroup' as
additional types. Then we can have entries for each of those in the
database and use their names as index into the $LANG_fs /
$LANG_configsubgroups arrays, just like the names of the actual config
options are indexes into $LANG_confignames.

After that, I can swap the IDs of subgroups 22-24 around, so that Story
comes first, Trackback second, and Pingback last without having to
change the $LANG_fs array at all.

The only downside would be that we'll now have entries in the
conf_values table that aren't config options. But those are easily
filtered out.

Ideally, I think, the order of the fieldsets and subgroups should also
be defined by sort_order instead of relying on their ID. But that seems
to require too many code changes than I'm willing to do at this point.
We can always implement that in a later release if we really want to.

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/