[geeklog-devel] Call for ideas and mentors for the SoC 2008

Ramnath R Iyer rri at silentyak.com
Sun Feb 24 16:04:29 EST 2008

Hi,

Sorry for the long hiatus. I have been following the conversation
about SoC 2008; I will not be able to commit any time this summer
because it's a major phase-change for me career-wise. But if someone
is willing to mentor and is worried about not being able to give
enough time etc, then I can help out there. Officially or unofficially
doesn't matter to me.

--
Ramnath R Iyer

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> Should Google decide to run the Summer of Code program again this year,
>  we can probably expect an announcement sometime in February, followed by
>  a short application phase for projects.
>
>  So assuming we want to take part again this year, it's about time we
>  start collecting ideas.
>
>  We would also need mentors. I don't know about Tony and Blaine, but I've
>  decided to take only one student this year. Matt and Ramnath were great
>  to work with and mostly found their way through Geeklog's traps and
>  pitfalls without my help, but I always felt guilty for not spending
>  enough time with them.
>
>  So I think we should try and get some "fresh blood" on board this year.
>  Which includes former students, btw (something that Google encourages).
>
>  Also, I think we don't need to restrict ourselves to the core Geeklog
>  code - we could easily take a few plugins under the Geeklog umbrella.
>  There already was some interest in an e-commerce plugin last year, but
>  improving existing plugins would also suit the program nicely, I would think.
>
>  I've cleaned up the Wiki page for your perusal:
>
>     http://wiki.geeklog.net/wiki/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code
>
>  bye, Dirk
>

>  --
>  http://www.geeklog.net/