[geeklog-devel] Plugins and GL 1.5 online config manager

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Thu Jan 3 21:52:03 EST 2008

With GL 1.5 and the online config manager, plugins that want to use it
have to do things a bit different and I've re-worked the staticpages
plugin installation and upgrade code to support loading the online
configuration. What's needed now is peer review to see if this is the
best way as it would likely be copied into other plugins.

A few notes about the changes:
- Need to have an upgrade function that will create the online config
records and use the existing plugins config.php settings as defaults
- Once upgraded to 1.5, we don't want to load the settings from the
config.php. It really is not needed once upgraded or if a fresh install
performed
- If upgrade is executed, the config.php file is renamed
- Added some new language defines for extra upgrade error messages and
online config manager menu labels

- Install script does not include the config.php now
- Added a new file - install_defaults.php, so that initial defaults for
online config records can be defined and not in the install code
- Added a new function in the install.php -> plugin_load_configuration()

Blaine