[geeklog-devel] Config GUI issues

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jan 4 11:14:10 EST 2008

Mark R. Evans wrote:

>> We need to ensure the menu does not wrap on narrower browsers.
>
>Trying to ensure the menu doesn't wrap is the wrong area to focus. Don't
>try and make more space, make the menu wrap gracefully.  What looks good
>with English selected may be much wider when another language is selected.
>My point is that you'll never win the no-wrap game.

Just FYI, it does already wrap in my browser - and that's in English ...

>The current menu does not wrap well, so that would be an area to focus.

Yep. Also, I found that with the long list of options you tend to go
diagonally (from "Core" to something far out right). And then the
dropline tends to close. You have to be careful to go down into the
dropline first and then to the right.

So I have to say while this initially looked like a good solution, it
does display a few usability issues after a while.

>> I would prefer we not create any more tabs as the core->menu was already
>> longer then I wanted.

I think we should focus on logical groups first, then see how many that
turn out to be, and only then think about restricting the number of entries.

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/