[geeklog-devel] comment moderation queue and hierarchical data

Jared Wenerd wenerd87 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 01:28:06 EDT 2008

Hello,

In my summer of code project, there is the feature to send an already
published comment to a submission queue. All replies to this comment (and
their replies.. and so on..) are sent back into this as well.

The ID of the parent comment is stored in the submission table. When
resubmitting these queued comments back into the comment table there can be
many different scenarios of some comments being approved, deleted, or no
action (just remain in the queue).

 The problem I've been stuck on the past few days is how to deal with all
these different cases of saving data back into the comments table and still
preserve the correct tree structure if a comment's parent is deleted.

Does anybody know of any resources for problem like this?

-Jared