[geeklog-devel] GSoC - Comments - Edit - Permissions

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Jun 5 15:22:14 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>>> I don't think we already have one,
>>> but a group of comment moderators or something might be needed.

Currently, if you have edit permissions for the story, you can also edit
(well, delete) the comments.

But I agree, a Comment Moderator role would be cleaner.

>I think the answer to this is yes, comments will now need to have the
>standard permissions columns which will have to be set when a comment
>is saved by a user automatically.

Wouldn't all comments have the same permissions? Or, to put it the other
way around: How would you end up with two comments under the same story
having different permissions?

>But, would we want the administrator to be able to change the
>permissions mask as they can with stories? So, if a user edits a
>comment, a moderator edits a piece out and the user edits it back in,
>the administrator can change it such that the user can no longer edit
>it? (Perm_owner read only)

Edit wars? Phew, hadn't thought of that.

I guess Wikipedia shows that there's no good solution to that ...

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/