[geeklog-devel] Time to rebrand 2.x

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Jun 12 12:37:06 EDT 2008

Following the discussion on the challenges with the Geeklog "brand" from a few weeks ago it was pretty much decided not to do anything with 1.x and if we were going to rename things do it for 2.x.  To prevent a bunch of back-and-forth on it some of us GL2 devs have been tossing around ideas on a name and landed on Aptitude.  Surely any name we'd come up with be liked by some, hated by others.  As we prepare for this alpha we are going to go through the process of rebranding everything to use that name.  This has zero impact on 1.x but quite a bit on 2.x (domains, URL's, class name changes, etc).

When we do release the alpha we'll want to dig into gl.net and make changes accordingly (I'm fine owning this).  I just wanted to float this out to give you all plenty of time to chew on it and submit any grievances.

To that end the trac site and wiki for it has already been setup at:

http://www.apteno.net/aptitude/trac