[geeklog-devel] Mercurial, first impressions

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Jun 15 04:31:45 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>Sounds great. Can you point me at any stuff you read to enable you to
do this?

The Mercurial wiki has quite a few How-To articles (some of them are a
bit hidden - try going through the FAQ, TipsAndTricks, and HOWTO pages).

    http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/

>By the time they've sorted the merge, it all
>needs to go through testing again...

Is that even solvable? Strictly speaking, you would have to go through
testing again after every change to the software, as it could have side
effects. Unless you can demonstrate that the changes are truly separate,
which is mostly determined by your architecture. And any VCS can be used
to get a list of the changes to compare against that architecture.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you're after ...

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/