[geeklog-devel] Multi Language Support in 1.5

Mark R. Evans mevans at ecsnet.com
Sat Jun 14 23:56:52 EDT 2008

I was reading the wiki on multi-language support and I can't see how it
is supported in v1.5...

The wiki states:

If you're using the ISO abbreviation 'de' for German, then you could
have the following in your site's config.php:

$_CONF['date'] = '%A, %B %d %Y @ %I:%M %p %Z';
$_CONF['date_de'] = '%A, %d. %B %Y, %R Uhr';

With these two lines, Geeklog would use the 'date_de' formatting when
displaying content in German, and the 'date' formatting for all the
other languages.

Actually, for this to work properly, you will also have to set
|$_CONF['locale']| and |$_CONF['locale_de']| accordingly, since some of
the date formatting (localized day and month names) requires the correct
locale to be set:

$_CONF['locale'] = 'en_GB';
$_CONF['locale_de'] = 'de_DE';

How do you define the _de versions of date and locale using the new
online configuration? Or will these entries have to go into the
siteconfig.php?

Thanks!
Mark