[geeklog-devel] The core of a very simple LDAP plugin, and an LDAP remote authentication class that uses it

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Mar 6 16:22:47 EST 2008

At 03:56 PM 3/6/2008, Dirk Haun wrote:
>Blank, Jessica wrote:
>
> >Oh dear god, doing that for all of X-thousand users would be HORRIBLE.
> >There has to be some way we can provide users with a tool for migrating
> >thousands of users... :/
>
>Yeah, we probably need both options. What I meant is that you probably
>don't always want to convert _all_ the users.

Seems like something you'd add to the User admin list screen (next
version). Check the box next to a bunch of users. Hit a button. The
button (and perhaps a dropdown indicating convert to which remote
service) would be in the "extra form fields" ($form_arr) added to
ADMIN_list in 1.5 and you would only provide those fields if remote
services were enabled. At that point you probably also want that list
to have a remote service filter. Or maybe even have a "login
services" screen in the user menu.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games