[geeklog-devel] More appropriate (and inclusive!) icon for'Professional' icon theme :)

Blank, Jessica Jessica.Blank at mtvnmix.com
Sat Mar 8 00:16:09 EST 2008

Ah, this is very funny. I did not notice the 'Groups' icon... which is pretty much identical to mine; one male figure and one female figure.

However, I still think that two silhouettes is more the norm to represent 'Users' (not 'Groups'); Windows's control panel, for instance, shows two users for 'users', and Mac OS X shows two silhouettes for 'Accounts'. So people used to either major OS are used to the idea that "two heads means 'users'."

As a suggestion, I came up with an alternative 'groups' icon, which I believe better conveys the idea of 'groups'; it contains the outlines of six users, four of whom are 'grouped' via small coloured boxes. You can see it at:

http://twu.net/~j/groups-edit2.png

I believe that this icon conveys the concept of 'groups' more clearly than the stock icon, which displays the outlines of two users. You may feel free to disagree, of course, but as before, I release this icon to the community to do with as they please. :)

--Jessica