[geeklog-devel] More appropriate (and inclusive!) icon for'Professional' icon theme :)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Mar 8 04:04:14 EST 2008

Blank, Jessica wrote:

>However, I still think that two silhouettes is more the norm to
>represent 'Users' (not 'Groups');

Well, I'm not an artist, so I have to work with what's available. The
current  icons are taken from the Gnome project and the works of Jakub
Steiner[1].

My line of thinking for the Users and Groups icons was something like
this: Even though it says "Users", you're only really editing one user
at a time. Whereas "Groups" applies to more than one user. And so I
found these two icons, representing, in my view, "one user" and "more
than one user" and went with it.

>http://twu.net/~j/groups-edit2.png

While I agree that it better represents the "groups" idea, I think it's
a little too crowded to fit in well with the other icons. IMHO as a non-
artist only, of course. I'd box to the majority, though.

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://jimmac.musichall.cz/icons.php>

http://spam.tinyweb.net/