[geeklog-devel] Handling of exceptionally long lines that breakthevisual flow of the page

Blank, Jessica Jessica.Blank at mtvnmix.com
Thu Mar 13 11:43:59 EDT 2008

Well, there are other ways in which layout-breaking nonbreaking lines
could be posted (and have been posted, on our Geeklog installation). On
our site, sometimes we post long system logs with long lines. For some
reason, many of these were posted peppered with  s. I don't believe
this was intentional; if it was, the intent was to maintain the original
formatting of the logs. Whatever the reason, we ended up with a database
full of nonbreaking posts. If we've run into this problem, surely others
have. Additionally, if a story author with publishing permissions has a
chip on their shoulder, there's no reason to allow them to ruin the site
with one post :)

--Jessica