[geeklog-devel] Email Throttling (was GSoC 2008:Core notification service)

Jeff Hare geeklog at thehares.com
Tue Mar 18 19:33:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

   I have to second (and third) this idea!  I've had to hack up my
installations to prevent anything except registration (and a few other
things) from sending email.

   My host is very unforgiving should I exceed 200 emails within an hour
span.  They state in the agreement that if you exceed this, your account
will be suspended without warning since they provide other services for
doing "notification" and "discussion list" related email.

   I've been somewhat nervous that some innocuous event could result in
large numbers of emails and shut me down... :(

-Jeff