[geeklog-devel] SQL Server 2005 - MSSQL Driver

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 4 17:31:41 EDT 2008

Kevin,

since you've been following the mailing list, you probably noticed that
we'll take all the help we can get for the MS SQL support. So welcome :-)

>and have completely re-written the your
>abstraction file to work with the new driver, as well as cleaned up a
>good amount of the code, SQL batch for the install. Currently I'm at the
>point of fixing some issues with addslashes spread throughout the code
>that is causing a lot of compatibility issues.

The addslashes() abuse is a hole that we dug ourselves into over the
years and that isn't easy to fix without breaking things elsewhere. So
be careful there.

Randy Kolenko wrote the current MS SQL layer - he can probably chime in
with some of his experiences.

>I haven't been able to
>get a CVS system working well yet, so I'm unable to commit, but
>hopefully that will be resolved soon so that you can all take a look and
>do some testing.

I'm not on Windows, but many people here are. Surely it can't be that
hard to get a CVS client working on Windows? What exactly isn't working
for you?

>Because I haven't been able
>to use an CVS client I'm stuck manually patching against nightly builds
>for now, which is making it extremely difficult for me to keep up with
>the changes being made (much less know the difference between what I
>fixed and you all have fixed.

We also have a CVS notification list, if that helps:

Since we're nearing a release, the amount of CVS changes should be
slowing down now.

Thanks for your efforts. I'm sure we can find a way to sync your work
with ours.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/