[geeklog-devel] SQL Server 2005 - MSSQL Driver

Kevin J. Peno kevin at metalaxe.com
Sun May 4 16:57:45 EDT 2008

Hello,

My name is Kevin Peno. I work with the Microsoft Open Source Group and
have been assigned to help with updating this software to work properly
with the new SQL Server driver from Microsoft. I've been working on this
for about 3 weeks now and have completely re-written the your
abstraction file to work with the new driver, as well as cleaned up a
good amount of the code, SQL batch for the install. Currently I'm at the
point of fixing some issues with addslashes spread throughout the code
that is causing a lot of compatibility issues. I haven't been able to
get a CVS system working well yet, so I'm unable to commit, but
hopefully that will be resolved soon so that you can all take a look and
do some testing.

Today I'm emailing because I have been watching the mailing list and
noticed increased activity on the subject. Because I haven't been able
to use an CVS client I'm stuck manually patching against nightly builds
for now, which is making it extremely difficult for me to keep up with
the changes being made (much less know the difference between what I
fixed and you all have fixed. I was hoping that we could maybe sync
testing/changes with each other in a better way temporarily, such as
emailing me udiffs directly if changes are made.

If you guys have any ideas that will help me out with this temporary
inconvenience, such as workarounds for problems with any windows CVS
client. I'd really appreciate it. I hope that I can get everything
finished upo, reviewed and released to you fro testing within the next
1.5 weeks.

Regards,

Kevin Peno

Senior PHP Developer