[geeklog-devel] SQL Server 2005 - MSSQL Driver

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Wed May 7 13:12:38 EDT 2008

> on the message. I was trying to relay that I expected
> internal responses from my superiors, thus my place was not
> to interact. Again, I do apologize.

I think what most people were either saying or thinking is that
communication is key -- and that probably wraps it up.

> I know I'm the new guy that seems to have rolled in to tell
> you all what's up, but trust my I'm actually trying to give
> contrsuctive critisism about the driver as it was laid out.
<<snip>>
> double quotes as column value sets (which, in SQL Server, is
> equivilant to []), but it is horrible for the new driver.

Critisisms and flames, as far as my work is concerned, are always
welcome as long as we're all on the path together to make things better.

> In the current driver have you tried turning on the ini
> setting for sybase qutoes instead of str_replace the mysql
> style addslashes?

I have not done so myself.  Perhaps someone else has?  ( I doubt it
though)

-randy