[geeklog-devel] Mercurial up and running

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Thu Nov 13 16:38:56 EST 2008

Agree - after reading some more, I see that commit is to my local
repository.

Tortoise HG uses the command 'Synchronize' which brings up a new dialog
with the 'Push' command. So using this panel and method, I get a bit
further.

Updated my local mercurial.ini file to specify the putty plink program
and default remote path
[ui]
username = blaine Lang <blaine at portalparts.com>
ssh = "c:/misc utils/plink.exe"
[hooks]
precommit.username =
[web]
push_ssl = True
[paths]
default-push = ssh://blaine@cvs.geeklog.net//cvsroot/hg/geeklog

Settings don't appear to be picked up in the Tortoise Syncronize dialog
so I enter the remote path and when I try to PUSH, the client just spins
away and an hour later nothing and have to finally terminate the
program. See attached.

Anyone have this working?